Health Professional of the Year Awards
Do you know a NT Health Professional who is making a difference?
The Health Professional of the Year Awards recognise health professionals who share our commitment and values and who are striving to customise their service and engage their patients and peers to improve health and wellbeing in the NT.
The awards will be presented at the Compass Teaching and Learning Conference Gala Dinner on Friday 30 August 2019. The winner of each category receives a $1000 CPD voucher.
Health professionals can be nominated an award within the following categories:
- Specialist GP or other doctor working in primary health care
- Nurse and/or midwife
- Allied health practitioner
- Aboriginal health practitioner
There is also an award acknowledging significant contributions to primary health care:
- Primary Health Care Support Person of the Year
There will be one award presented in each category.
All categories for the Health Professional of the Year Awards are for individuals. Nominees must:
- be currently undertaking their role as a health professional (or support person) in the Northern Territory;
- be nominated in relation to their contribution to primary health care.
Conditions of nominations:
- Nominations may be made by the general public, colleagues, managers or professional organisations
- Self-nominations will not be accepted
- Nominator's may be contacted to provide details of a referee that can verify the nomination and statements relating to the nominee.
Nominations can also be submitted by email, mail, phone and video. The full criteria for the awards, as well as more information about the methods of nomination, can be found on the FAQs page.