A range of case studies will be discussed that focus on considerations for starting a patient on treatment. Cases will also reinforce how to best manage a patient already on treatment and how to monitor patients in your care not yet needing treatment.
Attendees are very welcome to send cases to Lucie.Perrissel@ashm.org.au prior to the course, or bring any cases that they would like to discuss with the group on the day (1 HBV CPD point for mentoring activity).
At the end of this session, participants should be able to:
• Screen at-risk patients, accurately diagnose CHB infection and assess phase of the disease
• Monitor patients appropriately, establish suitability for treatment
• Discuss aims of treatment, antiviral treatment options, duration of therapy and definitions of response
• Monitor patients on treatment according to established protocols, recognise and manage treatment response, resistance, hepatitis flares, and encourage compliance
• Recognise risk factors, clinical signs, symptoms and complications of advanced liver disease and manage or refer to specialist care appropriately
We encourage all Hepatitis B s100 prescribers in Alice Springs or the area to attend this session, either face-to-face or via webinar.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for this event via webinar.