A range of new case studies will be discussed that focus on considerations for starting a patient on treatment. Cases will also reinforce how to best manage a patient already on treatment and how to monitor patients in your care not yet needing treatment.
At the end of this session, participants should be able to:
- Screen at-risk patients, accurately diagnose CHB infection and assess phase of the disease
- Monitor patients appropriately, establish suitability for treatment
- Discuss aims of treatment, antiviral treatment options, duration of therapy and definitions of response
- Monitor patients on treatment according to established protocols, recognise and manage treatment response, resistance, hepatitis flares and encourage compliance
- Recognise risk factors, clinical signs, symptoms and complications of advanced liver disease and manage or refer to specialist care appropriately
We encourage all Hepatitis B s100 prescribers in Northern Territory to attend this session.
A webinar will be available for remote & rural GPs.
Please contact Natalie (Natalie.Huska@ashm.org.au) if you are interested in attending via webinar.