Each year, the Conference is held in a different location as a way of focusing our attention on the contributions made in all parts of Australia towards the shared vision of a World Free of Suicide.
This year’s theme is United In Action.
The theme reflects the unique nature of the National Suicide Prevention Conference, which is highly regarded for its ability to bring people from a wide range of backgrounds and communities together. This unification enables delegates to learn from each other, network and have shared experiences.
Aims of the Conference
- Increase sector commitment to participate in a collaborative approach to suicide prevention
- Enhance community participation in suicide prevention activities
- Facilitate the continuation and development of quality suicide prevention initiatives
Key Elements of the Conference
- Plenary sessions showcasing the best work from around the globe and in Australia.
- Recognising the importance of the voice of lived experience, the Program will have strong representation from people with a lived experience of suicide.
- Abstract presentations highlighting the intersection of research, policy, practice and lived experience.
- LiFE Awards ceremony
- In-depth workshops alongside the Conference
- Engagement with and for PHNs