This 4-hour course, presented by St John, provides health professionals the opportunity to meet the Australian Health Professional Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and practice cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) reaccreditation requirements.
The course will provide participants with skills and knowledge to:
- Recognise an emergency situation;
- Identify, assess and minimise immediate hazards to health and safety of self and other;
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for CPR;
- Seek assistance from emergency response service;
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation in accordance with ARC guidelines;
- Operate automated external defibrillator (AED) according to manufacturer’s instructions;
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency response services;
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information in line with statutory and/or organisational policies.
Accreditation: This activity is RACGP accredited and allocated 5 CPD Activity points in the QI&CPD Program for the 2020-2022 Triennium.