RACGP Alcohol and Other Drugs Treatment Skills - Virtual Workshop
Are you a GP who currently treats patients in community practice?
Do you treat large numbers of patients who present with complex alcohol and other drug (AOD) use?
If so, GET PAID to improve your AOD knowledge!
RACGP invites GP members to participate in AOD education to build on their core skills. By completion of the treatment skills virtual workshop, eligible RACGP GP members will receive a cash incentive of $1,200. Please note RACGP members who have participated in the ACRRM DAAE program will not be eligible to participate.
What you will learn:
- How to assess why a patient is using alcohol and other drugs, the severity of problematic AOD use and readiness to change.
- Approaches to identify and manage physical and mental comorbidities.
- How to identify appropriate AOD treatment pathways for patients, including referral.
- How to motivate patients to engage with an appropriate pathway.
- How to assist patients to withdraw from AOD or minimise use and harm, in accordance with the patient’s goals and needs.
Virtual workshops run monthly; you are required to register in advance.
July – August 2021 sessions held 10:00 am - 11:30 am (AEST):
- Saturday, 31 July
- Saturday, 7 August
- Saturday, 14 August